Enforcement & Ethical Practice:
- Ensure safe and ethical practice through documention and reporting scope of practice infractions within the dental professions.
- Ensure that Registered Dental Assistants are current with infection prevention and control standards.
- Support the CDSS Practice Inspection initiative to monitor standards and protocols.
- Encourage postive attitudes, professionalism and mutual respect within the workplace.
- Provide members access to expanded workplace opportunities including long term care and public health initiatives.
- Monitor labour market supply and demand for dental assistants.
- Uphold national educational and regulatory standards including CDAC accreditation, NDAEB examinations and standardized curriculum.
- Provide all dental assistants in Saskatchewan access to educational programs and courses that encourage personal and professional growth.
- Assist dental assistants in the development of interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Collaborate with the dental professions relative to public oral health initiatives.
- Inform employers regarding the skills, current licensure status, salary expectations and benefits of Registered Dental Assistants'.
- Educate the public about the role and scope within the dental assisting profession.
- SDAA is financially viable.
- SDAA continues to be fiscally accountable.
- SDAA manages through policy governance development.
- SDAA assess council for demographic balance and work towards appropriate succession planning.