LINK TO PDF POSTER
link to pdf for dental PRACTICES
Link to CANADA TOOTH FAIRY
DENTAL DAY 2015
Preparations for Dental Day 2015 are underway with the date scheduled for Saturday, April 25, 2015 at the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Dental Clinic (formerly SIAST). We will be running this event from 9:30 AM until 2:30 PM and lunch and snacks will be provided. Professional Development sheets will be available for you to sign and they will be submitted on your behalf for credit. (RDA's - 2 Credits)
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Dental Hygiene students partner with the Regina Food Bank and the Regina Open Door Society to help identify individuals who are in need. Dental Day allows us to come together as a community to provide free dental treatment to Regina residents and surrounding communities who experience financial barriers which prevent them from accessing much needed dental care. Henry Shein, DENTSPLY and Oral B are major sponsors for this event.
Last year’s Dental Day involved 100 volunteers, including 14 dentists, 2 denturists, 5 dental therapists, 23 dental assistants and 8 hygienists. These volunteers had the opportunity to see 70 clients and complete $32,000 worth of dentistry.
This success of this event is dependent on our volunteers. If you are interested in attending or want to find out more information, please contact Dean Lefebvre at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (306) 775-7552.
Need a Draft Employment Contract?
Template - doc file
Template - docx file
Template - pdf file
see regulation tab for
current List of regulated MEMBERS
SHARING SMILES DAY
MARCH 14, 2015
COSMOPOLITAN CIVIC CENTRE
Sharing Smiles Day emphasises the importance of oral health care to persons with special needs and raises awareness of the oral health care issues in our community. The Day includes a carnival morning led by dental students, followed by a luncheon with special guests speakers, followed by interactive demonstrations on brushing led by Faculty and Community Dentists with the discribution of Colgate dental kits to each participant.
Carnival type games from 10 - 12
Lunch with speakers and entertainment
link to detailed information
PRECEPTORSHIP EDUCATION & SUPPORT IN sASKATCHEWAN
The Saskatchewan Academic Health Sciences Network (SAHSN) is pleased to announce the following two initiatives:
Preceptor Education and Support website: (www.saskpreceptors.ca) A new preceptor website was launched in November to support preceptors in all health science disciplines. The website includes the following features:
- e-Tips Training modules for on-line preceptor education
- Information for anyone considering becoming a preceptor. e.g. What is a preceptor, Role of the preceptor, What makes an effective preceptor, Benefits of preceptorship
- Information on how to interact with students. Downloadable PDFs include: Student orientation, Student preparation, Student progress, giving feedback, tips for teaching adults and more…..
- A discussion forum where preceptors can post questions or documents (registration required, password protected)
- Additional resources such as information and links to preceptor manuals, research articles, and other websites with preceptor specific information
- News and Events regarding preceptorship in Saskatchewan
PRECEPTORSHIP CONFERENCES: designed to engage, inspire, and provide professional development and networking opportunities to health practitioners who supervise and mentor students during clinical placements.
- June 9, 2015 - Prince Albert
- Regina (TBD)
- Saskatchewan (TBD)
Saskatchewan Polytechnic is keeping an interest list for the Provisional Crown course and other Dental Assisting continuing education related courses. To be added to the interest list they can contact Sandy Peach at 306-775-7474 or email@example.com you will be advised when a course has been set up.
“SASKTEL.NET” E-MAIL ADDRESSES
For RDA’s that are not receiving emails from SDAA - if you are a ‘sasktel.net’ user; here is what you do.
- First go to MySask.com and click on ‘emails’; this will allow you to log into the SaskTel Remote Server (will require your password)
- Check your Junk/Spam file – the e-mails may be there and you can right click on one and add the address to a safe sender list via the menu that pops up.
- If that does not work
go to MySask.com and click on ‘emails’; this will allow you to log into the SaskTel Remote Server
- Click on Preferences.
- Click Spam Preferences.
- Go to “Whitelist” (approved senders)
- Enter the domain ‘firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click – Allow.
2014 - 2015 sEASONAL iNFLUENZA PROGRAM
all Saskatchewan Residents 6 months or age or older are eligible to get a free (pubicily funded) seasonal influenza vaccine.
In the Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region all HCW who work within HR facilities who are not immunized will be required to wear a mask in patient and client areas.
fOR UPDATES AND OTHER FUN STUFF!
"LIKE" SDAA on Facebook to receive up to date news and highlights... fACEBOOK Link
CDAA SALARY & BENEFITS 2013 SURVEY RESULTS
LINK TO DOCUMENT
SDAA 2013 Annual REPORT
link to report
INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL STANDARDS
for oral health facilities
Saskatchewan Oral health professions - 2013
LINK TO DOCUMENT
There were a few clarifications made to the document in October/November, in order to review the changes the revision draft is posted.
LINK TO DOCUMENT
Adobe Reader can be downloaded free at www.adobe.com
- once on the Adobe website - just click "Get Adobe Reader"